Located in South Goa, stunning Colva Beach is 6 kilometers away from the Margao city, is the most visited beaches of Goa. Its 25 Kilometers long coast, extending from Bogmalo in the north to Cabo de Rama in the south, has the powdery white sand and is flanked by swaying coconut trees that add to its beauty. It looks more stunning with shacks, nightclubs and souvenir stalls all around. The beach area also suggests the luxurious lifestyle of the elite class who owns striking houses or villas that speak the village. With the nonchalant ambience, mesmerizing view of the endless beach and spirited people, Colva Beach is perfect to feel life in its true sense.
... The engaging water sports like paragliding and banana boat rides will surely give you goosebumps. While the Colva Beach is serene for peace-lovers, it perks up at night for party-lovers. You should not miss out the dazzling nightlife of Colva. Hundreds of local people flock in the bars or pubs and celebrate. You cannot resist letting your hair down with the peppy music and appetizing seafood. The hustling and bustling local market is perfect for street shopping. Also, a stroll on the beach in the evening is so refreshing with the golden reflection of the setting sun in the pristine waters. The tranquillity along with vivacious atmosphere will compel you to strum your soul strings. If you are searching for a place where you can relax and rewind, Colva Beach is just for you.
15 km from Panaji is where you will find a quaint paradise called Calangute Beach. This lavishly stretched coastline has varied view that comprises of cliffs, rocks, and golden soft sand. Calangute Beach is a one-stop for adventures. There are quiet spots for families, bachelors as well as couples, and also a number of adventure activities in Calangute Beach to pump up your adrenaline. Calangute Beach is a complete getaway in every sense but the key reason for its immense popularity is that there are varied of Calangute beach shacks and restaurants. So if you are planning a Goa trip, it is suggested that you do visit Calangute Beach.
Colva Beach in South Goa, is just 6 kilometers away from the city of Margao which is the nearest major city from the beach. The best way to travel within Goa is by a rental vehicle like a scooter or bikes. You can also opt for a local transportation which includes taxi or auto-rickshaw. On heading the destination, exploration on foot is the best option.
The best time to visit Colva Beach is during the winter months. Summer months are too blistering as the temperature rises up to 40 degrees Celsius. In the monsoon months, heavy rainfall is observed. The beach can get dicey due to immense waves therefore, water activities in Colva Beach are not safe during these months. November to February is the best time to head out for Colva Beach. The temperature ranges between 20 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius. Winter months are mild with balmy weather.
If you are here for serene holidays, then the early morning is the most ideal time when the beach is almost blank. However, if you want to enjoy the actual life in Goa, night is the best time when tourists flock the pubs or bars.
- Colva is well known for its white-washed Our Lady of Mercy Church established in the year 1630. It is a beautiful Church. Explore this place simply for its architecture, design and the beauty it has beholden all these years.
- Like other beaches, this one too has got a number of water sports. A number of adventure sports are carried out.
- For an adventure lover; it has got a lot. Try out the adventure water sports in Colva Beach like snorkeling, speed boat riding, parasailing, jet skiing, banana ride, motorboat rides, Paragliding for a wonderful beach sports experience.
- The beach is not only known for adventure, but also leisure activities. A lot of tourists come here just for bathing, beach walking, making sand palace and things like this. Kids love to play in the sand and simply run around.
- Nightlife is also one of the best things to do. A number of popular restaurants and pubs near Colva Beach offering high music and dance with complimentary drinks. Beach shacks are often open till the wee hours, which are thronged by tourists in their discos.
- If you love gambling you can also visit casino near Colva beach in Goa.
Q. What Colva Beach is famous for?
Ans. Colva Beach is famous for beach shacks and beach parties.
Q. What are the nearby places to visit Colva Beach?
Ans. The Gatsby Pub, Mahalaxmi Temple, St Anthony Chapel and the Chapel of Our Lady of Fatima.
Q. How to reach Colva Beach in Goa